Tie is considered one of the menswear pieces that mostly get a bad wrap. With the modern trend of allowing office workers to wear informal clothes in America, Tie has become much important not only in America but worldwide. Because it enhances, the personality and men look more professional. In this article through our step by step guide, you will learn the tips and tricks to tie a tie more decently.
Before starting the story let us tell you tying a tie is neither an easy task nor a difficult one. Three are different methods but every method has its own fame and a few reasons.
List of different types of knots with their Advantages and Disadvantages
|Sr. No.||Type||Advantages||Disadvantages||Most Fitting Outfits|
|1.||Four-in-Hand Knot||It is the most easier method to learn as compared to the other commonly used methods.||It is an asymmetric method as it does not look good on the shirts having wide collar.||
|2.||Half Windsor Knot||
||If compared to four-in-hand method, it is more difficult method.||
|3.||Traditional Windsor knot||
||The rear of the narrow end of Tie faces up, that never seem beautiful if it is not hidden properly behind the wide end.||It fits for the most shirts on different moments.|
How to Tie a Tie Easy Step by Step Guide with Pictures
A. Four-in-Hand Knot Method
1. First of all stand in the front of a mirror. Make sure your shirt is fully buttoned, collar is upward, and tie is encompassing your collar. The large side should be on your primary hand side. So if you are right-handed, the larger side should be stretching on your right-hand side. Whereas if you are a left-handed person, the large side should be on your left hand.
2. Now look for the seam spotted on the front side of smaller side.
3. Now move the big side on the narrow side so that they can cross each other on the seam.
4. Drag the bigger side at the back of the narrow side.
5. Now carry the big side around but it should face-off your left.
6. Once again bring the large end beneath the thin side.
8. Pull the large side of tie downward through the knot at the facade.
9. Now tight the knot by sliding it up the thin end. But the tie should be straight and also make sure the length of Tie is suitable.
B. Half Windsor Knot method
1. You can choose this method instead of four-in-hand method as per your choice. This knot looks larger and same like a triangle. It is regarded as more eminent than the four-in-hand. While it is not as eminent as the full Windsor method. As it is not fat to wear, majority of men favor using this method.
2. Place the tie around your neck but be sure that the wider side should be hanging on your right side. Now adjust the size of your tie in such a way that the wider side should be three times longer than the narrow side.
3. Now cross the larger side of Tie on the smaller side.
4. Now get the larger end around and underneath the smaller end.
5. In this step get the greater side of the loop around the neck and make it tighter up to some extent.
6. Now take the bigger part on the smaller part, out front, going towards left from right.
7. In this step push the greater part up around the loop surrounding your neck.
8. Carry the greater side through the knot in the forefront.
9. Now tighten it up to some extent and make a proper figure of knot in such a style that it seems like a triangle. If you need your knot, appear greater than the Four-in-hand knot method.
10. Now tighten your tie surrounding the collar by dragging on the smaller part that should now disappear below the larger part. If your tie is having a loop below the greater part, you can drag the smaller part through the loop just to avoid peeking it from rear the wide side.
C. Traditional Windsor knot Method
1. The third method is the traditional Windsor knot method as it is known as the most symmetrical and traditional method that can be used instead of half Windsor technique. The Duke of Windsor began the tendency of this knot style back during 1930s. This method has outlived very popular to this since it reveals a statement that has reported the wearer seems more stylish and has more self-belief. If compared to the four-in-hand method, It’s more elegant. Though it is a bit tricky to tie. This method can be applied if you are wearing the shirt having a wide collar.
2. Now place your tie around the neck but be sure that one end is significantly greater than the other. Now put the wider end on the right-hand side and is lower about 12 inches than the thinner side on the left.
3. Cross the larger side over the smaller side.
4. Now carry your tie up within the loop.
5. Bring the tie back down. Now be sure that the wider end is resting on the left side of smaller end.
6. Drag the larger side beneath the smaller side and to the right side.
7. Now drag the larger side through the loop to the right side. Now the larger part should be within out.
8. Now once again cross the larger side over the smaller size from right to the left side.
9. Now carry the larger side under the loop.
10. In this step close the bigger side around the loop into the knot at the front side.
11. Finally use your both hands and tighten the knot in the triangle form. To bring the tie near to your neck, slowly tighten the smaller side.
If you need seeing more attractive, stylish and informal looking, just bring the knot pretty few inches down underneath your collar. For all the official gatherings, though, keep the knot at the conventional space far from your collar.
D. Pratt Knot Method
1. Before starting this method be sure that the greater part of the tie is hanging on your right hand, and the smaller side should be hanging on the left hand.
2. Now cross the greater side beneath the smaller side.
3. Now carry the greater side on the loop surrounding your neck.
4. Drag the larger side below just to complete the loop around your neck. Pull tight.
5. Bring the outer and larger side over the smaller end from the left to the right side.
6. Drag the larger side upward through the loop.
7. Carry the wider side down throughout the knot on the front side.
8. Finally, figure the knot into the triangle form. Now Pull over the smaller end to tighten the tie all along the collar.
Following tips can make you learn how to tie a tie more perfectly
- Stand in front of the mirror.
- Try to explore diverse sizes to get the best size.
- You have diverse kinds of knots and from these kinds a few are more attractive and beautiful.
- Commonly the greater side should be hanging two times as low as the smaller side.
- Practice makes a man perfect, so try to practice many times until you become an expert person.